Read/perform with Quiet Lightning!
All forms of writing are accepted. This show, to be held @ Clarion Music Performing Arts Center on Monday, June 5, will be a free show, and the first 100 people will receive a book featuring all of the selected writing and cover art by a local artist. All authors will be paid and will read/perform as a literary mixtape, with no introductions or banter.
curators TBA soon too!
SUBMISSIONS OPEN through the end of WEDNESDAY, May 17.
- Send us any kind of writing. Any kind! Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- No one gets more than 8 minutes of reading time. This varies of course but don’t send us more than 1,500 words unless you’ve timed the piece multiple times and your speedy performance of the text somehow enhances it. We sometimes make an exception to this rule, but rarely.
- You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Monday June 5, 2017.
- Do not put your name anywhere — neither in the submission itself nor in the subject/title/filename of your submission.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink every month. It’s OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give proper attribution.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
- We welcome and encourage submissions in any and all languages, but all submissions must also contain an English translation.
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: email@example.com.