1. By submitting, you commit to be present for the date of the show.
2. We generally do not feature any writing that requires more than 8 minutes of reading time. We sometimes make exceptions.
3. Please do not include your name or contact information ANYWHERE on your submission. This includes the documen(s) and the title/subject of your submission. Your cover letter may include your name.
4. We publish the accepted submissions in a book every month. It’s ok to submit previously published writings, but let us know where they were published and any additional accreditation we should know.
5. We accept audio submissions so long as you supply the text, too.
1. We choose 1 artist for each month’s covers (and insert) of sparkle + blink.
2. Resolution must be at least 300 dpi @ at least 6.25" x 9.25"
All forms of writing are accepted, and all selected writers are paid! This show will be curated through a blind process by Quiet Lightning Disruptor Katie Tandy and her co-curator of choice, TBA soon!!! All selected authors will be paid + published in sPARKLE & bLINK 101, featuring art by Connie Zheng!
Submissions are open through end of day Wednesday, August 21, 2019.
This is a FREE, all-ages show, with a suggested donation of $5-20 if you'd like Quiet Lightning to be sustainable (to help pay the authors, the venue, and for the books) -- the first 100 people will receive a book featuring all of the selected writing (regardless of donation) and cover art by Connie Zheng (pictured above is her work "Gold Mine", 2018), and authors will read/perform as a literary mixtape, with no introductions or banter.
More info soon, but Poetry in Parks will include:
To RSVP and/or make a donation: https://pip19.bpt.me/
- Send us any kind of writing. Any kind! Make up new kinds and send them to us.
- No one gets more than 8 minutes of reading time. This varies of course but don’t send us more than 1,500 words unless you’ve timed the piece(s) multiple times and your speedy performance of the text somehow enhances it. We sometimes make an exception to this rule, but rarely.
- You may submit more than one attachment, but the word count of your entire submission should not exceed 1,500.
- By submitting, you commit to be present for the date: Sunday Sept 15, 2019.
- Do not put your name anywhere — neither in the submission itself nor in the subject/title/filename of your submission.
- We publish the accepted submissions in sparkle + blink for every mixtape show. It’s OK to submit previously published writings, but please let us know where they were published so we can give props.
- You may submit audio, but all submissions must include full text.
- We welcome and encourage submissions in any and all languages, but all submissions must also contain an English translation.
Don't hesitate to contact us for any reason: firstname.lastname@example.org.